Friday, June 10, 2016

Check Point 1140 Mobile Client and SSL VPN

I tested the Mobile client and SSL VPN function on my Check Point 1140 firewall. To enable, go to VPN tab > tick On for Remote Access > tick both Mobile Client and SSL VPN.




I initially tried the SSL VPN on Google Chrome web browser but the SSL Network Extender is getting some Java and Adobe Flash plugin errors even though it's already been enabled.




 So I switched to Mozilla Firefox web browser which seem to work.





The PC will be prompted (need admin rights) to download and install the Check Point SSL VPN agent file.


The Status will change to Connected once the installation is complete.


To verify, go to Logs & Monitoring > Security Logs and look for Identity Awareness (Log in) under the Blade column.





By default the SSL VPN client will get the IP address from Office Mode IP range. In this case, I received the first IP address 172.16.10.1/24.





The Capsule Connect is Check Point's mobile VPN client (a free app) for iPhone and iPad. So I downloaded the app on my iPhone and typed the public IP address (which will be DHCP renewed after this writing) on the firewall's WAN interface.







I login as John which created on the firewall's local database and click Connect.



My iPhone received the next Office Mode IP address of 172.16.10.2/24



No comments:

Post a Comment